Monday, August 13, 2012

Chimera?

I'M HAVING A SHOW!!!!!!!!! 

A two-person show with Elisabeth Higgins-O'Connor, in October at Bows and Arrows. Who'd a thunk it? Opening reception on Friday October 5th! YEA!!!


Getting back to work means lots of feathering my studio with fabulous things, like this afghan which boasts, quite possibly the worst color combo I've ever seen in a afghan and that's saying something. 


These coozies tell you everything you need to know about their previous owner.


The jury is still out on whether this is an ICP thing.


A shiny nickel to whoever can tell me what this stuff is. It's like fiber optic material of some sort. I thought it was a weave but I think it might be way too course. 

GIF animations generator gifup.com
GIF animations generator gifup.com

Chimera?



After working in my studio all day Saturday we opened for 2nd Saturday which was really nice. Here's Lisa Camhi explaining the registration process in print making to JE Paino! It was a sweltering night but we had a steady stream of visitors and I gave a lot of great tours. 

Finally, don't forget to mark your calendars for the movie this Friday. I am really, really excited about it and Verge artist Jiayi Young will be introducing it. It's really fantastic that the Crest supports us on these screenings and best of all a portion of the proceeds of the screening support Verge and things like the print lab you see above. 



Never Sorry a film about Ai Wei Wei, with an introduction by Jiayi Young
Friday, August 17, 7pm

See you soon!

No comments: