Monday, October 25, 2010

The Wild and Wonderful Whites are coming.....

So it appears these days that my posts are reserved solely for the promotion of film screenings and gifs of my buddies doing zany things.....

In carrying on in this vein my pal Julien Nitzberg will be in town screening his flick The Wild and Wonderful White of West Virginia this Thursday, October 28. Trust me when I say you don't want to miss it. For those of you unfamiliar with Jesco White, the film's central protagonist, take a peek at Julien's initial documentary profiling the one and only Dancing Outlaw back in 1991.

This earlier footage is perhaps a tad more charming than W W W W V, funded by Jackass alum Johnny Knoxville... The Whites circa 2008 have aged into a rougher and in many ways sadder crew than Nitzberg's earlier documentary depicts.

For further reading on the Whites check out this New York Times piece that came out around the time the film debuted at Tribeca. While you're there I dare you to attempt to sit through the entirety of Knoxville's interview.....

See ya Thursday!!!!!!

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virgina
Thursday, October 28
Doors at 7:30pm movie at 8!

No comments: