Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Davis it was

Yesterday I visited Manuel Rios' studio at UC Davis and like a jerk took no pictures. Hopefully, I will be back out that way in the not too distant future and will think to take a few shots next time. He's employing heavily preserved, hybridized, ethnic foods into his work which I find really exciting and wish I thought of a way to work with food already. Damn you Manuel! Having a dialogue about the work was great. I love studio visits.

This is not to say I took no photos in Davis however.

First there was this guy who begged a photo. Dude had a lot on his hands. Not only was he anti-gay (shocking I know), he was also anti-women touching men period even once married, and informed us that we were all going to hell (all of us, even me).

Many of you may not be aware of the fact that I didn't major in art at UC Davis. I actually got a degree in Darksideology. It's a fairly new major.

We ate lunch at the Hotdogger which I love! On the way to my car afterwards we passed this crepe restaurant with this awesome window display. I want to eat here next time in honor of this fantastic fake food.

At first look I thought this one included a giant scoop of ice cream. When I realized it was potato salad I felt like all had been explained until I thought about it for two seconds and then realized that doesn't make any sense either.

Mayo!

Rare cheesecake.

Finally, arriving home yesterday I noticed that this lone Reebok has been jammed in my neighbor's fence for well over 8mo. I feel like the time has come to start keeping track of it to see how long it sits there before someone does something about it. That someone shan't be me.

The end.

No comments: