Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Artball, artball, artball, artball, artball, artball, artball, art, art, artball, artball, artball, art

Last Friday's Artball at CSUS was crackin' off, with most of the studio class rooms open and exhibiting work in conjunction with all three galleries and some art car action. Art! Art! Art! Art! Art! Art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly in my forays across campus I didn't take any pictures of either of the two grad shows even though there was a lot of work I really liked. The David Hume Kennerly show at the Library Gallery is cool too. That guy has been everywhere important for the past 4+ decades. The Jonestown image haunted me for the rest of the evening.

Anyhoo, here it is in living color, Artball 09.

This was my favorite piece of the evening.



Hypnotize me!



Print lab funny business.



OMF and I were both fans of this one.



Wetzl, insisted that I head up stairs to check out his drawing class' work and I'm super glad I did. This pastel drawing is beautiful despite my bad photo of it.



Dicks anyone?



There were a flock of four dicks on the wall wearing ties.





I'm still not sure about the automobile logos.

No comments: