Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I smell a screening


Herb and Dorothy was screening at Basel last year and I didn't manage to see all of it because, well I didn't manage to see all of most things at Basel. There's just too much to see there. While, I was checking out Boing Boing tonight though they had a video posted from the Indiana Museum of Art's coming show of the Vogel's collection which reminded me of how much I want to see the film. The IMA show makes me want to fly to Indiana too:)

We've been talking about doing some free screenings at the Verge and this might be a good one to start with. That is if it isn't already about to play somewhere else in Sac and then I will totally go. Either way the Vogels are two very inspiring people and I can't wait to see the whole film!

4 comments:

Jeff M. said...

Did you see the news of this doc directed by Cindy Sherman's ex boyfriend? http://jezebel.com/5162699/the-importance-of-being-cindy

Liv Moe said...

yeah, i have a colleague who told me about it this time last year after she was at a conference with sherman's ex. after looking into it i was struck by how annoying that guys comes across as well as wondering what led Sherman to go out with him in the first place.

he's my original post about it:
http://livmoe.blogspot.com/2008/05/human-fireball-that-is-fatimah-tuggar.html

Jeff M. said...

Sherman's probably not too stoked about the doc, either. If I were her, I'd just disappear one day like salinger. That'd be the best way to sort of preserve the purity of her work.

But if the doc comes to the crest, I'll see it, because sherman creeps me out...in a good way.

Liv Moe said...

Sherman was way not stoked about the doc. She actually tried to stop its release and was unsuccessful.