Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday, January 22, 2009; My Day in Pictures

I'm getting ready to go to Art LA tomorrow and don't have a whole lotta time to say much which stinks it because I had a really productive and interesting day. For starters, however, if anyone reading this has been to Art LA and has any suggestions I'm all ears. Primarily, I'm looking for a good ancillary fair if there are any.

Now for the pictures. My day began with one of two delicious and photogenic meals the first cooked by Mulvaney's B&L and the second cooked by yours truly. I'll let you guess which of the two was the victor. Hint: it contained duck meatballs.

After lunch I went to my studio to document a piece which I just sold! Though I'm excited to be selling work I'm super sad to see this piece go. It seems like folks always want to buy my favs.

Untitled; Hands with Cascade, hair piece, silk leaves, doll hands, 2008


This piece was so much fun to shoot.

Not as much fun as this was though. This object is, I kid you not one of my absolute favorite things in the whole wide world. Looking at it gives me so much pleasure despite it being one of those objects that I never need in my home. But hey, that's what a studio is for right? Seriously, I really, really love this thing.

Refuse, materials vary, 1960s-70s, Stephen Kaltenbach
When I was done shooting my own personal ray of sun shine I took pictures of Steve's show for the upcoming catalog which will be available at his lecture. I know I once said that I would be posting pics of his show on this blog but I'm going to chalk that up to all the other things I tease and then never deliver like images from the Midmo show - which are forthcoming on the Midmo website I swear(!).

Finally, home to dinner for that other photogenic meal I mentioned. Homemade tacos. Yum!

No comments: