Sunday, October 26, 2008

No seriously, I need your help...

before I smash this stupid piece of s*%$ with the hammer you see before you.

Okay, so this is what it takes to charge my laptop right now. Yes that is a piece of petrified wood. I was using a flip flop before but the magic touch ran out on that two weeks ago so now it's this. Dumb I know.

I'm working on getting a new laptop soon but in the meantime does anyone out there have any tips on someone who might be able to fix my power outlet? I took it to the genius bar - grrr - and they quoted me a price of $300 dollars and several days without a computer to get it fixed. I guess the outlet is wired into a fairly important/sensitive part of the computer so it takes some work to repair.

Currently, I'm getting up at oh-dark-thirty and using the Ol' Man's computer for MM biz but that's starting to take it's toll on me. Although, if I found someone reliable and affordable to fix it, being without a computer for a week or two would be no big.

In reality this thing is 3 1/2 years old so it's kind of a dinosaur as laptops go and I'll need to replace it soon anyway.

I suppose the real question is whether fixing it is worth it in the first place...

Stupid computers.

2 comments:

Skipper said...

doesn't seem like anyone wants to help you.-(

Liv Moe said...

no shit huh?