Monday, October 6, 2008

1974's most hilarious & wildest movie is here!

This weekend was nutballs beginning with the unbelievable modaSPIA trunk sale that I went to Saturday morning. I got a whole new handmade work wardrobe for crazy prices. Ursula's creations are absolutely beautiful and I feel super lucky to have scored some new duds just as I was getting a little antsy about wearing jeans to meetings all the time.

Saturday night we went to a great party in Roseville and got to visit out of town friends. One of the highlights of my evening came when Keith Carey told OMF, "you got a lotta margin in your life" to resounding laughter. Keith doesn't know the half of it:)

Interspersed throughout the weekend I've been doing battle with the last loose ends necessary for my shows. Despite a hangover and the pitter patter of ratsteps above my little head I got about 4 1/2 hours in at my studio on Sunday. I was feeling pretty bold until about 5:45 when I looked up and realized that rats are why the metal insulation is drooping in some areas in the ceiling above me. It was about that point when I decided to throw in the towel and go home.

To close this rollercoaster of a weekend the Ol'Man and I made a pizza with heirloom tomatoes from the market and watched one of the greatest films of all time... THE GROOVE TUBE!! Ah, low brow humor, how I love you so!

No comments: