Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This here love, hey...

Oh my god!!! The two shows up right now at CSUS are amazing. Really, and truly wonderful. The shows of which I speak are Traces: Contemporary Romanian Art and This Here Love Hey, It's a Gonna Last, The Backs of Photographs. Both shows are well installed, and wickedly smart. For info pick up the latest issue of Midmo, as both are in the art picks. Unfortunately, This Here Love will only be up through Friday, a measly week, from noon to 4pm each day. Silly. I'm hoping we can get Crowther a venue in Sac for the work because I really think everyone needs to see it. Beautiful.

Picks from Crowther's show...



The photos were so sweet and incredibly moving.

Images from Traces...



I apologize for my photos from these two shows, when I got up this morning I realized they're some of the worst I've taken in awhile. What can I say? I was excited!

Afterwards I went and checked in on my friend So who is now working in my spot at Hornet Tech. It's amazing how much she's transformed the space.


Such an inspiring evening!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sculpture of the old dude in the studio is so lifelike!

-omf

wburg said...

Nothing like a gilded Stalin to brighten up a show!