Thursday, September 25, 2008

Keep it simple stupid

Of the many pieces from my recent bodies of work that I chose not to put on my website Spring Air was definitely one. They were things about that work that I felt good about and many others that I didn't so much.In short the work wasn't resolved... at all. Even though it didn't feel that way at the time. Sometimes when there's too much going on, 2nd guessing becomes easy and you forget to trust your instincts.

In recent weeks I've been working on Spring Air trying to whip it into submission for my upcoming solo show at the Brickhouse. I'm relearning something that I've known all along even though I tend to forget it at every possible occasion. Keeping it simple is always best. With my work pairing down is the direction I need to follow.



Here are some details of what I've been working on. Though I'm not %100 certain of where I'm headed with this - a position I actually like to be in most of the time - I feel good about where I'm headed.

To check out more of my work and get a glimpse into the inner workings of the Verge Gallery and Studio Project check out the Capital Area Studio Tour this weekend. It's free, goes on both Sat and Sun, and should prove to be wildly interesting. Seriously... go!

1 comment:

Skipper said...

Those are some great photos Liv. I can't wait to see it when you set up the piece.