Monday, July 7, 2008

What happens when you're me

So here's something that happens when you're someone like myself who has a website or a blog or both and you're interviewing for teaching positions. You stay up late one night googling yourself to see what kind of assy blog comments are gonna pop up when your future employers might potentially research you. While doing this very thing this evening I discovered that I was quoted in the London Telegraph in 2004. Who knew? I remembered being interviewed at the Saatchi but it didn't really seem like much of a much. Whaddya know?!

I think it's funny that I sound like some dopey American tourist. To say that I was more impressed than I expected to be was a super understatement. I knew I would love the Saatchi because I already loved several of the artists who I already knew to be in the collection. What I wasn't expecting were some of the artists I loved who I didn't know were in there like Martin Kippenberger or the folks I became familiar with as a result of going like Richard Wilson.

Either way this floored me. I suppose one never knows what's out there on the interwebs.

Kinda scary...

3 comments:

Skipper said...

that's really crazy, and sorta funny.

smitty said...

Good luck finding me on teh interwebs

Liv Moe said...

aren't you the guy that loves medical mysteries?

http://www.sacbar.org/members/saclawyer/mar01/smith.html