Monday, July 28, 2008

SMAC

So I'm buried in public art grant application mayhem today. Mayhem! Actually, it's not mayhem at all it's just tedious. BTW, anyone got any insights into SMAC and their public art application process? I've heard enough horror stories in recent months to make my hair turn white, to which I say "it's time I find out for myself!" But seriously, tips... warnings... well wishes????

In the meantime, I've been sort of lazily debating politics with my friend TP in L.A. and came across this which I thought was pretty funny. It's in this weeks issue of SNR and Salon.com

Basically, it's a google!

1 comment:

wburg said...

Not sure about their public art grants, but the Noisefest gets some cash from their "Artscapes" grant program every other year. I suppose part of that can be chalked up to my grant-writing skills, but it wouldn't fly if SMAC wasn't willing to provide funds for those of us closer to the bleeding edge of art.