Friday, July 11, 2008

Flatlanders 2


Last night was sooooooo fun!!!! Sometimes receptions can be a little stressful but once this one got going it was fantastic! To be perfectly honest, I was pretty nervous about the whole affair. Once I got there and saw the way my work was installed - big thanks to KM!! - and folks started arriving I went from crazy nervy-ness to total joy.

There were handmade popsicles.

One of the best things about the show was that I was surrounded by amazing company including Peter Stegall one of Sac's kindest humans and most dedicated artists.

I loved this tablecloth piece by Ken Kirsch. Those flowers you're looking at were painted on with red wine. So great!

This piece by Brenda Louie was really nice too. Overall there was a lot of great work in the show. I meant to take a lot more photos but I chatted to much. I plan on going back before it comes down though to catch a few more shots.

All in all an outstanding night!

1 comment:

laura r. said...

you had on the most beautiful blouse!
your art looked great too!