Monday, May 26, 2008

Of trampolines, critters, and all manner of thing

So now it is officially, absolutely, incontrovertibly, done. I am a master and I am moving on!

Friday afternoon at 3pm me and my two Sac State grad homies along with a few undergrads who I have come to know in the past two years took the walk of shame. Unlike my undergrad pals though I got hooded which was funny and weird, especially since I got the lucky privilege of going first.

Here's Manuel and I pre-hood.

We went to Tamaya to celebrate afterwards and I am pro. In general I cast a skeptical eye on most sushi joints in midtown these days. There's just so dang many of 'em, with about half copying Mikuni's dishes creating a sort of homogeneous bleh all over town. Now that I've eaten at Tamaya multiple times I can safely say that the fish is super fresh, the rolls are great and overall not sauce city, and their prices are good. Thumbs up!

Following dinner I decided to keep it low key. The Ol' Man and I got dessert by ourselves and headed home. I was super bushed and let the dog out thinking I would soon be in bed and then the drama started.

Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark! What the hell?

The Bud cornered an opossum. Note the "o." After hauling the dog in and taking plenty of pics we researched opossums on the interwebs into the wee hours. Possums and opossums are marsupials that boast 64 varieties in their species with possums living in the eastern hemisphere and opossums living in the west. The live on roadkill, rats, mice, roaches, and slugs and are often called nature's sanitation engineer.

This is what happens when you don't feed 'em right.

Here's one eating strawberries.

Awesome!

Okay, so this post is just gonna go on and on and on.

Saturday, I cleaned my house for the first time in months. It was seriously embarrassing! I'll just leave it at that.

Sunday was the bomb(!) starting with the snore fest that is Jazz Jubilee.

I think the refreshing brew I had on the Delta King was the best part. It was funny because all of the music was happening on the land side of the boat so the river side was empty and beautiful. This of course didn't stop me from yelling something snide at a boat full of frat boys cruising the river topless however. I am what I am.

Seed drop!

Following that there was jumping... and more beer at perhaps one of the most fun filled BBQ's ever. Sadly, it was too cold to go in the pool, otherwise a party with swimming, jumping, yummy snacks, and endless booze might have sent me over the top. As it was it was really goddamn fun!



And finally a trip to my friend Bobby Lucas' graduation party which was great. I snapped a few pics in the BL studio before cutting out. Bobby's wife Natalie is also a kick ass artist. You can check out her work here.

Now I'm draggin' around the house procrastinating on the last of my cleaning, full of shrimp, oysters, and garlic bread from a BBQ at my folks house earlier. I pretty much just ate, drank and slept the whole weekend. AND worked on the magazine of course...

1 comment:

Heather K. said...

Congrats on graduating!!!!

We have possums too! We keep seeing baby possums in our backyard. :)