Sunday, March 16, 2008

In Praise of the square meal

I swear to god(!) my eating habits over the past week were shall we say... less than stellar? From about last Wed through Sat afternoon I cobbled meals together from various handfuls of things, art reception fare, and party spreads. Although I will say the Spanish inspired presentation at the dance party I went to Friday night was amazing. More prosciutto! More!!! According to OMF, post stuffing myself and dancing my pants off I came home, promptly curled up in the fetal position at the foot of the bed wearing all my clothes and conked out. Sadly, I didn't even enjoy the benefit of drinking that much, I was just plain zonked.

Saturday night I decided enough was enough and laid out to cook something splendid! We feasted on pasta putanesca - any excuse to eat anchovies(!) - with lots of wine, salad, and bread. It was total heaven. Just what I needed.

This afternoon the roll continued at Mulvaney's pig roast. It was on! I sampled pig, lamb, chicken, and goat. yum, yum, yum, and yum. This may sound crazy because that pig was good but I think my favorite may have been the goat. That was seriously some of the best goat ever. Delish.

Now I'm curled up in bed, hoping I'm not coming down with something as a result of all of my devil may care dietary choices. Perhaps the wind has caused these achy sinuses. We'll see I suppose...

No comments: