Monday, March 17, 2008

but... i love him...


I had to bring the little dog to my studio for observation today. About two days ago he ate close to three quarters of my favorite belt. Though I was quite angry at the time, I quickly became concerned as his eating habits became a little spotty and he barfed soon after eating dinner last night. I found a lot of good info on line about intestinal obstruction which led to the BM watch which took place for the better part of today. Life really takes on new meaning when you spend the afternoon waiting for your dog to take a dump. Fortunately for all he held his breakfast down with no problem and left a healthy present behind ASL this afternoon. Back to business as usual.

4 comments:

FFT said...

sniff. go dog go i hope he is better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh crap!

Hazel pulls this kind of thing all the damn time. She is a total garbage mouth and then I have to wait for her to poop out a whole tennis ball or something. I always wonder if feeding her cod liver oil will help things SLIDE through.

g

Liv Moe said...

according to the sites i've read smooth objects obstruct and rough objects pass. i guess their intestinal linings detect sharp object and release hoping that things will move on through that way. this may explain the bud's triumph over a small amount of glass he ate last summer.

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of when we first got the stupid lil dog and fell in love with him and then he was diagnosed with heartworm. so heart-wrenching.
-omf