Thursday, February 14, 2008

Work in progress

So here it is... the deer I've been working on. These are images of it that I took when I got in this morning. It's bulked up a bit since and now I'm fleshing out the head and neck. I still haven't figured out if I'm gonna skin it or not. If I do I think I'm gonna cover it in bed sheets. I have to think on it more.


Poly-fil makes an outstanding sculptural material. It's super malleable and lightweight and yet when you get it in place and tie it down it has a nice heft. So far this has taken me two dedicated days of work. I had a little prob with the back right leg this afternoon though so I now I need to take a break and start tackling the mattress while the glue dries.

When I get more time I'll post about my trip into the dark heart of hipster-opolis - aka CCA not to be confused with CCAC - to see the Paul McCarthy lecture which was awesome!

Tonight OMF is taking me to Kaveri Madras Cuisine. Yum, yum,yum. Unlike last time this time I'm gonna order a little extry so I have a snack tomorrow.

Happy Valentine's!