Thursday, February 7, 2008

The greenest of soups

Ah, finally a post to bump that icky one and three chicks image from a few days ago. I'm still cooking along in my studio going nuts! I found this great Bebe - sexy - coat at the Thrift Center on Del Paso the other day. I didn't know what I was gonna do with it and then when I let it slump on the ground I realized it looked like a gross, ground feeding creature of some sort. Now I'm gonna go in search of a motorized contraption that will make it look as though it's breathing.


All of this work will be part of a installation show that I am installing in April at Sac State. In addition to the 3D stuff there will be a sound element that will be partially composed of songs that were popular when I was growing up in the early to mid eighties. That said, anyone of you who remembers a favorite top 40 song from that time period please pass it along. I've been compiling a list for about a month now. It can be anything that was popular from Heart to Paul Simon.

Speaking of cooking... last night I made the greenest yummiest soup to make up for the celebratory pile of onion rings and french fries that I ate on election night. While I know that Obama didn't take the lead he's gaining and certainly putting up a good fight. Fingers firmly crossed!!!!

Cream of spinach, broccoli, and carrot soup

2 big cups of chopped broccoli
1 yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 large carrot
1 cup of baby spinach
Chicken stock
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 Tb Olive Oil

Chop onion, and garlic and saute in the olive oil until soft. Add broccoli and carrots and toss until warm. Pour in just enough stock to come just to the level of the broccoli but not cover it. Season with S and P and bring to a boil. When the carrots are soft add the spinach and stir for a minute or two until the spinach softens. Lower the heat and blend with a stick blender, add the cheese and milk, once the cheese melts and is evenly distributed serve.

No comments: