Friday, February 8, 2008

Check, check it out

I have been so busy this week I didn't have time to come up with a comprehensive list of posts concerning what to see this weekend until now. Sadly, my need to go to a couple of receptions will probably eliminate my chances of making it to Gomerstock before it ends:( Dumb early show. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anyhoo, here's what I'm gonna check out:

Okay, for starters I'm hitting Tangent. I know, big surprise. This month features a solo show by Lisa Prettol that should prove be outstanding. Her wedding sets are totally dreamy and opulent and simple at the same time. Way cool.

In Del Paso Sol Collective is having their 50 T-shirts show which I am totally gonna try to get to and if I do I know I will buy something as I am one to love a T-shirt.

Carlee Fernandez, 2002
LA is still up at the Center for Contemporary Art. I wrote an article about it in this months issue of MM. Check it out!!!! The article and the show that is...

Tim White has some work on display at Elliot Fouts. I really love White's desert landscapes and not just because I've been in some of them. They're lush, and hazy, and make me long to get out of the city.

This isn't one of White's desertscapes but I think it is very likely my favorite painting by him.

Okay, I think that's it, your 2nd Saturday. Check back in case I think of something else. Fun stuff!!

No comments: