Saturday, January 26, 2008

blah, blah, blah

My posts have been a little spotty for the past few days... the magazine's on deadline, busy with my own work, Sac State's a disorganized headache, blah, blah, blah.

Anyhoo, here's the past few days in review:

We celebrated Tim's B-day on Wed at Wakano Ura which I would like to use as an opportunity to once again pronounce my love for the place. So delicious. It's also a super good place to have a low key birthday dinner where everyone at the table can hear one another. It was so quiet and nice. They're open for dinner til 8:30pm and I really wish I saw more bodies in there when I visit, they deserve the support!

I'm eating these snacks off a Tepco salad plate BTW. Bliss....

Thursday saw me at Grocery Outlet or the happiest place on earth as it's also known. Table brand bacon anyone?

Lastly, I'm chugging along on my film and finding that narration can be rather difficult. Anyone with advice who's done this before I'm all ears. I almost need a metronome or something because I naturally talk kinda quickly so when I start out trying to speak slowly it inevitably turns fast toward the end of the piece. I also need to figure out how to regulate my breathing so you can't hear me taking deep breaths. I've cut up the dialogue a lot for this reason. Besides people don't normally talk in big long sentences anyway.

Tonight I'm going to a house party and then SF. Tomorrow is the Mantles at DOV!!! Monday I jump into my last semester at Hornet Tech... I hope...

3 comments:

wburg said...

I'm still trying to figure out where the old Wakano Ura was (seeing as the current one is New Wakano Ura, at least according to the menu.)

Liv Moe said...

I don't know, but the old Wakano Ura must have been pretty damn old seeing as how the Tepco factory got bulldozed in I think around the late 50s early 60s.

Liv Moe said...

Correction 1969.