Monday, January 14, 2008

the horror of being alive

I just finished watching about a third of the video I've shot over the past couple of months and am horrified by the sound of my own voice. COOL! WOW! THAT's NEAT! uh, huh. like, like, like, like, like, like. From watching my footage you'd think I have a vocabulary of about 15 words. Now I keep trying to low-er... my.. voice.. and... speak... slow-er... mak-ing.. con-scious... word.. choices. Every time I do it though I can't stop laughing because of how weird I sound. Now I'm all paranoid that I will be that annoying chick narrator that I'm always bothered by when I watch other short films. Narrating this beast is gonna be interesting.

2 comments:

Heather K. said...

Now you know what it's like being a radio DJ! It's a whole different world when you listen to your voice and learn to obliterate the unnecessary "ums", "uhs" and "yeahs...".

Liv Moe said...

it's also weird to be conscious of what you're saying while multi tasking, i.e. holding a camera, scoping out shots, and trying to engage an interviewee. i would imagine this would be some what similar to cuing songs, taking calls, interviewing guests and maintaining a lively banter. now i'm gonna go pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time.